Sunday, April 18, 2010

oo3

still on call. no babies. am starting to get disillusioned. i really did think this was a great way to get my certification births in, but it hasn't proved that way. yet. i need to send in my may availability and i am just not sure what to do. i am wavering between saying i am available friday nights (a good night for me to be on call) & just skipping it all together. i don't want to miss out on the chance, but at the same time, i am nervous when i am on call & agitated when it's over without phone calls & babies.

i need to start on my fertility care practitioner essay for the application. i should probably watch the DVD first though-to get a better idea. however, i am really excited about this-i think i can really help a lot of people! and it's not on-call, so perhaps that will make it a bit easier on my brain!

i went to clovers yesterday and got a tomato plant & a strawberry plant! i planted them & they're sitting outside next to my baby lettuce that's growing slowly but surely & my 'herb garden' which is a pot filled with tiny little oregano & basil seedlings. hopefully everything will be okay-leave it to me to plant stuff before a week with a frost warning! i covered them with an old sheet last night and can always bring them inside if it gets too chilly. i have visions of homegrown tomato salads & fresh strawberries....yum! plus, i think bug will get a lot out of seeing things grow and being able to eat them!

i took a sewing lesson from angie & got a few wipes sewn...then my machine jammed & i took it apart (a bit) & can't figure out the problem-so i'm bummed about that. i wanted to finish the wipes, make a small pouch for them & start on a few other projects. not going to happen, at least not today. oh well, there's always another project!

i should eat some breakfast (coffee is not a complete breakfast, contrary to my popular belief) & start on the ever-present to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment